BEST LUXURIOUS TRAINS IN INDIA
While you are planning for your vacation in India and preparing an itinerary, checking all the luxurious hotels and Villas to stay, we would recommend you to go through this list of some of the best luxurious trains in India. Travelling via these trains can be an experience you would have never had before. Let’s check the details –
Maharajas’ Express –
This is one of the most famous and luxurious trains in the world. It was also voted as the ‘world’s leading luxury train’ for 3 consecutive years. This train is operational from the month of October to April and runs on different routes which are as follows –
- The Heritage of India – This journey starts from Mumbai, covering Ajanta,Udaipur,Jodhpur,Bikaner, Jaipur, Ranthambore,Agra and Delhi. It is an 8 days journey and can cost you approximately INR 4,60,000 per person.
- Gems of India – 4 days journey, covering Delhi, Agra, Ranthambore,Jaipur and Delhi can cost you around INR 2,60,950 per person.
- The Indian Panorama – This covers Delhi,Jaipur,Ranthambore,Fatehpur sikri, Agra, Gwalior, Orchha, Khajuraho, Varanasi, Lucknow. The whole journey can cost you around INR 4,00,000 per person and it’s an 8 days tour.
- Indian Splendour – The route of this train starts from Delhi, Agra, Ranthambore, Jaipur, Bikaner,Jodhpur, Udaipur, Balasinor, Mumbai. This is again an 8 day tour costing you around INR 4,00,000 per person.
- Treasures of India – This runs from Delhi, Agra,Ranthambore and Jaipur and can cost you up to INR 2,60,950 per person.
All these charges depend on the type of cabin you book in the train, you have options of booking a Deluxe Cabin or a Presidential Suite. Apart from visiting the places mentioned in your route it also includes a meeting with the royal family, attending elephant polo matches and a world class luxury experience they offer in the train.
Royal Rajasthan On Wheels –
Again,this is one of the most luxurious trains in India which offers a world class service in terms of quality of comfort and travelling experience. From beautiful and comfortable luxury cabins to multi-cuisine restaurants,bars and spas you can find everything on this train. The train starts its journey from Delhi and ends in Delhi covering Jodhpur, Udaipur, Chittorgarh, Sawai Madhopur, Jaipur, Khajuraho, Varanasi and Agra.The journey is 7 nights and 8 days long and has different rates for Indian nationals and Foreigners. For Indian national the cost per person is around INR 5,70,000 + Service Tax and for International Travellers its approximately INR 6,70,000 + Service Tax.
Golden Chariot –
This is one of the luxury trains which takes you to the Southern part of India. The interiors of the train are such that they give a feel of staying in a Royal Palace. Like the other luxury trains this train has a lot to offer. You can find a multi-cuisine restaurant, gym, ayurvedic spa and some other facilities on this train. It was awarded as ‘Asia’s Leading Luxury Train’ in 2013. It is operational from the month of October to March and runs on 2 different routes which are –
- Pride of South – Starting and ending the journey in Bangalore, it covers Kabini, Mysore, Hassan, Hampi, Badami and Goa.
- Southern Splendour – From Bangalore, it goes to Chennai, Mahabalipuram, Pondicherry,Thanjavur,Madurai,Thiruvananthapuram,Alleppey and Cochin.
The journey for both the rides is 7 Nights and 8 days long and the charges depend on the cabin you take and also on the nationality as the rates are a little low for Indian Nationals.
Royal Orient Train –
This train runs all around the year and offers the best of luxury. The cabins are comfortable and the well trained crew members take good care of you throughout your journey. It has a multi-cuisine restaurant, a bar and a library. It gives you an experience of staying in a 5- Star hotel. The journey starts from Delhi and covers Chittorgarh, Junagarh, Mahabat Khanji, Dilwara, Palitana, Ahamedabad and Jaipur. The journey is 7 Nights and 8 Days long. The charges are different for Indian nationals and International travellers ranging from INR 8000 per night + Service Tax.
Fairy Queen Express –
In the category of best luxurious train in India this is one of the oldest. It was built in 1855 and also has its name in the Guinness Book Of World Records. It has also received the National Tourism Award. The journey of this train starts from Delhi and covers Alwar, Sariska,Alwar and back to Delhi. The journey is 1 Night and 2 Days Long and the cost per person is around INR 8600 + Service Tax.
The Deccan Odyssey –
Another wonderful experience on the wheels is The Deccan Odyssey and indeed is one of the best luxurious trains in India. The cabins are designed in such a way that it gives a feeling of staying in a palace. There are restaurants, bars, spas , conference chambers and many more amenities on this train. It goes through the following routes –
- Maharashtra Splendour – The journey starts from Mumbai and covers nasik, Ellora and Ajanta Cave, Kolhapur, Goa and Ratnagiri.
- Indian Odyssey – Starting from Delhi this train goes to Sawai Madhopur, Agra, Jaipur,Udaipur,Vadodara,Ellora Caves and Mumbai.
- Hidden Treasures Of Gujarat – The route followed by this train is Mumbai, Vadodara,Palitana,Sasan Gir,Somnath,Rann of Kutch,Modhera,Patan and Nashik.
- Indian Sojourn – The journey starts from Mumbai and the train further goes to Vadodara,Udaipur,Jodhpur,Agra,Sawai Madhopur,Jaipue and Delhi.
- Jewels Of Deccan – This train starts from Mumbai and goes to Bijapur,Aihole,Pattadakal,hampi,Hyderabad,Ellora Caves and Mumbai.
- Maharashtra Wild Trail – This train will take you from Mumbai to Aurangabad,Ramtek,Tadoba,Ajanta and Nashik.
The journey for all the routes is of 7 Nights and 8 Days and the fare can start from INR 3,80,000 + Service Tax per person depending on the nationality and the choice of cabin.
To have a comfortable stay while planning a vacation in India you can also check Best Luxurious Hotels and Villas In India